[NANOG] Cogent having problems

Myke Lyons myke.lyons at cmtww.com
Fri Sep 1 15:22:29 UTC 2006

 From the ISC:

"We have received a report of the Cogent Data Center in Herndon, VA
having connectivity problems.  It appears to be localized.  No need
to innundate them with phone calls, I am sure they are working on it.

One of our readers, Colin, called into the data center:  "I called
their support staff and got through to a guy who described the
situation as a network problem 'affecting all traffic in their data
center'."

More on this situation if more develops...

Update #1It appears that sometime on Wednesday that the problems were
more widespread, as they had some latency problems up in New York as
well, as reported by another reader.  However it appears that the
problems had been resolved as of Thursday.  No report yet on if the
problem at the Herndon, Virginia office has been resolved."

Happy Fridays

.myke