CWDM equipment (current favorites)

Mike Hughes mike at smashing.net
Tue Oct 31 16:22:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006, Deepak Jain wrote:

> Since then, I have actually touched some of the MRV product line personally
> and found it (and their customer support)... less than ideal. (not comparing
> to anyone else, and no one is really ideal).

We're lucky enough that they have a helpful/clueful distributor here in
the UK.

> The bigger problem was that the devices seem to be less than intuitive, but
> rock solid once they are working. (which is what everyone praised them for).

Agreed, though the poor UI meant that debugging a cable problem on a span
was much harder than it needed to be.

I really wish they had syslog implemented, but look at it this way, it
could be worse. At least you don't have to talk TL1 to them ;-).

Cheers,
Mike