DNS DDoS [was: register.com down sev0?]

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Thu Oct 26 16:04:03 UTC 2006

At 11:21 AM 10/26/2006, you wrote:
Unfortunately, as Jared has pointed out, the equipment vendors have
>to help the operators support this.  So let's all call your favorite
>router vendor and ask them when they will have the "ip bcp38" config
>option. :)

Even better would be the option: "no ip bcp38"

Make it so a conscious action is needed to disable it, but PLEASE put
that in the release notes so when the config doesn't "change" we know
that something really did change... :)

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin