register.com down sev0?

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu Oct 26 13:06:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 12:14:43AM -0400, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

> On 26 Oct 2006, Paul Vixie wrote:
> > i wonder if that's due to the spam they've been sending out?
> Paul, this isn't nanae. Let's not sling accusations like that wildly.

There's nothing "wild" about it -- Paul is one of the most sober,
reasoned observers of the spam problem, and if he told me that
my servers were sending spam, then I'd darn well go investigate.

Right now.

Besides -- it's not like this isn't common knowledge in the anti-spam
world.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had unsatisfying correspondence
with register.com wherein they refuse to lift a finger to stop the abuse
from/facilitated by their operation.

---Rsk