BCP38 thread 93,871,738,435 (was Re: register.com down sev0?)

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Oct 26 06:20:48 UTC 2006

The only data I have is from the MIT anti-spoofing test project which
has been pretty consistent for a long time.  About 75%-80% of the nets,
addressses, ASNs tests couldn't spoof, and about 20%-25% could.

The geo-location maps don't show much difference between parts of
the world.  RIPE countries don't seem to be better or worse than ARIN
countries or APNIC countries or so on.  ISPs on every continent seem
to be about the same.

http://spoofer.csail.mit.edu/summary.php

If someone finds the silver bullet that will change the remaining 25% or
so of networks, I think ISPs on every continent would be interested.