passports for NANOG-39, Toronto

Howard C. Berkowitz hcb at netcases.net
Thu Oct 26 05:07:43 UTC 2006

particularly if you are in the DC area, call your congressman's district
(usually) office and ask them to send the Passport Office a "congressional
courtesy" request. In practice, this means that you don't stand in line, but
go upstairs to the diplomatic processing area, and, with proper documents
and photos, you'll probably have the passport in under an hour.
I believe there is also a priority program for cities that have Passport
Office branches. Just one of the perks of incumbents.