Collocation Access

Larry Smith lesmith at ecsis.net
Tue Oct 24 13:01:54 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 07:51, David Schwartz wrote:
> > In recent memory, I can think of two large collocation
> > centers that retain your ID.  One is in Miami and one in New York (I
> > don't think I need to name names, most of you know to which I refer).
> > All others
> > (including AT&T) have never asked to retain my ID.
>
> Then you broke the law, assuming you had a Florida license and you
> presented it to the Miami facility.
>
> Florida law, Title 13 section 322.32(2), "Unlawful use of license" says
> "[i]t is a misdemeanor of the second degree ... for any person ... [t]o
> lend his or her driver's license to any other person or knowingly permit
> the use thereof by another."
>
> DS

Hmmm, I read quite a bit of difference between "retain your ID" and "permit
the use of" - maybe one of us is reading something that isn't there.  Quite a
few places "retain" your ID while you are on the premises, to include places
"holding" your passport while you are there, etc, etc...

--
Larry Smith
SysAd ECSIS.NET
sysad at ecsis.net