Practical Common Practice for Collocation Access

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Tue Oct 24 07:58:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006, Sean Donelan wrote:

> Is it enough of a problem, network operators would be interested in
> publishing some Practical Common Practices (I hesitate to call it a BCP)
> collocation facilities could follow for some common access control
> scenarios? Tenent access, pre-screened carrier, unscreened vendor, etc.
>
> http://www.ncs.gov/nstac/reports/2005/Final%20TATF%20Report%2004-25-05.pdf
>
> I wouldn't be surprised if most co-lo's don't actually have good reasons
> why they do some things, and if presented with a reasonable industry
> agreed practice, would adopt it.

Sean, I agree on "industry agreed practice", yet simply can not understand
why colos that have lacking physical security are our concerns. Obviously
they need professional security help.

As most of them don't take care of data security, which us bunch actually
understand, how can we get them to care about physical security?

It's beyond our scope, but I'm game on helping this happen if you feel it
would make a difference.

	Gadi.