Collocation Access

Roland Perry lists at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Oct 23 20:40:45 UTC 2006

In article <20061023103731.W56322 at iama.hypergeek.net>, John A.
Kilpatrick <john at hypergeek.net> writes
>> In fact he did have an AT&T badge which he was not allowed to hand over
>> either.  The fellow I chatted with at AT&T said they are not allowed to
>> hand over their badge because it would compromise their security.
>
>My tech said the same thing.  That keycard could grant central office
>access so he couldn't surrender it.

I have to admit (now I've been sent some information off-list) that I
didn't realise the co-lo security were holding onto the "badge" (or
access card or whatever) the whole time the tech was on the premises.
Yes, that would give more opportunities for bad things to happen. In
many years of gaining access to secured buildings I've only ever had
that happen once (passport exchanged for a visitor's pass, and back
again at the end of the day).
--
Roland Perry