Collocation Access

Marshall Eubanks tme at multicasttech.com
Mon Oct 23 19:06:57 UTC 2006

I once was going to a meeting at a colo in Tysons Corner, which will
remain nameless (but you would know it).

Like most of them, it wasn't well marked, and we couldn't find it.
Three of us wound up walking through an open door on the loading dock
and onto the colo floor with no checks what-so-ever. We finally met
somebody, asked where so-and-so's office was, and (after a very odd
look) were told to go out again, walk around the building and go
through security.

But, I always thought that the purpose of most security was
psychological reassurance anyway...

Regards
Marshall