Contact at Micromuse/Netcool/IBM? (Related to my St. Louis NANOG Presentation)

Rachel Bicknell rachel at ufp.org
Wed Oct 18 13:59:35 UTC 2006

Hello,

In my NANOG presentation at St. Louis on Monday, October 9th, titled
"TL1 Device Monitoring on the Cheap", I mentioned that to get in depth
information on TL1, one can go to http://www.tl1.com and learn more
about it.  This web page was sponsored by Micromuse, who owns Netcool.

Unfortunately, I did not know that the web page had been down since
October 4th, 2006, 5 days before my presentation.  I found the October 4th
date through Google cache:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:NuW4I_WggQAJ:www.tl1.com/+www.tl1.com&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a

This date corresponds as to when IBM bought Micromuse, thus I believe
IBM took the web page down.  I tried emailing info at tl1.com, but it
bounced.  I tried emailing info at micromuse.com, but I have not gotten
a response.

I am at a loss as to who to contact about this issue.  Does anyone
on this list work for Micromuse/NetCool/IBM, or know someone who does?
I don't know if I can get the web page back up, but I would like to know
why IBM took it down.

As always, please reply to me privately. Any advice and/or help is
appreciated.

Thank you,

Rachel