Boeing's Connexion announcement

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sun Oct 15 10:39:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> e-mail from the plane. :)  Lack of seat power was not an issue, I just had
> two batteries.  And this was BOS -> MUC, which ain't a short flight.

It's quite likely that on a grander scale of things, it's better economy
that the few people who want to use their laptop the whole flight, do get
two batteries, than doing the investment of putting AC power in all seats.

Otoh, more batteries on planes increases the risk of fire due to exploding
batteries happening in the plane :P

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se