Boeing's Connexion announcement

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Sat Oct 14 17:13:22 UTC 2006

On Oct 14, 2006, at 9:45 AM, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:

> Add to that laptops with 5 & 7 hour life spans becoming more
> common, and even seat power is not as necessary.

Actually, seat power isn't yet truly ubiquitous on American, though
it's becoming more common in their coach cabins over time (I fly
American more than any other airline).

Increased battery life will help, although folks often won't be
entering the aircraft with fully-charged batteries, and it's going to
be a long time before the majority of laptops in use have some sort
of longer-life battery capacity.

And coach is where most people fly.  Many business travelers are
forced to fly coach by their travel departments unless/until they
acquire enough frequent-flyer miles to occasionally upgrade, or pay
out of pocket.

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

Any information security mechanism, process, or procedure which can
be consistently defeated by the successful application of a single
class of attacks must be considered fatally flawed.

     -- The Lucy Van Pelt Principle of Secure Systems Design