[Fwd: Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)]

Etaoin Shrdlu shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Thu Oct 5 00:06:16 UTC 2006

Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> I receive these sorts-of notices from our OpenSRS-based registrar
> numerous times a year (usually once a month, for multiple domains).
> It may have something to do with the fact that I refuse to comply
> with ICANN's mandatory regulation demanding legitimate public
> contact information in WHOIS records.

This reason is almost guaranteed. I'd been watching this thread with
some mild curiosity, since I have never received such a notification,
for any domain. All my data is accurate (nothing is hidden, everything
is there). Interesting. I had no idea that anyone ever really checked,
or cared, but apparently they do.

--
In April 1951, Galaxy published C.M. Kornbluth's "The Marching Morons".
The intervening years have proven Kornbluth right.