[Fwd: Important ICANN Notice Regarding Your Domain Name(s)]

Jeremy Chadwick nanog at jdc.parodius.com
Wed Oct 4 23:41:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 03:38:02PM -0600, Chris Stone wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 14:27 -0700, Thomas Leavitt wrote:
> > Is this a GoDaddy specific thing? I've owned and/or managed an untold
> > number domain names since 1995 and never seen a notification of this
> > sort before (primary registrar to this date was Gandi.net, and before
> > that Network Solutions back in the bad old days).
>
> While, of course, the message is worded a bit different, we get the same
> thing for our domains registered under OpenSRS also every year.

I receive these sorts-of notices from our OpenSRS-based registrar
numerous times a year (usually once a month, for multiple domains).
It may have something to do with the fact that I refuse to comply
with ICANN's mandatory regulation demanding legitimate public
contact information in WHOIS records.

(If someone wants to hear my reasoning, I'll be more than happy
to share.)

| Making life hard for others since 1977.               PGP: 4BD6C0CB |