Outages mailing list

S. Ryan auser at mind.net
Mon Oct 2 16:16:17 UTC 2006

You're right, it'll probably never happen.  I do find when I am upfront
and honest with our customers, they enjoy it and act far less irritated
than giving them what the company would prefer and that is 'we're down,
sorry, it'll be down for xx amount of time..'

Personally, if my ISP had issues and they were up front with me coupled
with the fact I know shit happens, it wouldn't really bother me.  If
they said 'we'll be back up in x minutes..' I might start to think they
just are incompetent.

Honesty goes a long ways.  I know of a few local ISP's, Eskimo North
being one of them that maintains an outage list and their customers love it.

The ISP I work at doesn't do this.  You get a standard mundane answer,
unless I answer the phone. :>

Regards,

SR

Scott Weeks wroteth on 9/29/2006 5:04 PM: