OT: How to stop UltraDNS sales people calling

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Wed Nov 29 09:38:24 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 16:44 +0000, Paul Vixie wrote:
> andy at nosignal.org (Andy Davidson) writes:
> > I am really fed up of calls from UltraDNS - we seem to get them every
> > few days.  We don't need their product.
> every month or two somebody will ask me "does BIND really drop 20% of all
> queries it receives?"  and i say, "um, no, why do you ask?" and the answer
> is always "that's what the ultradns salesman told me."  i can't argue with
> their success, but i guess i am ready to quibble over their manners.

The volumes are different, but the message is the same when I am called,
there's a claim that we are dropping queries because we use bind, but
the people on the phone can't explain why.

This is a problem when our CTO gets the sales call, as it generates
effort explaining that the company are employing scare tactics.

Thanks for the volume of offlist replies with some good suggestions,
too, everyone - many were very amusing.