OT: How to stop UltraDNS sales people calling

Derek J. Balling deballing at vassar.edu
Wed Nov 29 04:48:11 UTC 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 6:56 PM, Gadi Evron wrote:
> Okay, this was fun and I am all for OT fun. But can we please stop
> putting
> down a part of our community? Especially one which contributes to
> NANOG so
> much?
>
> We all have sale trolls to live with.

Like someone else said, I both agree and disagree.

I agree that the OT thread has probably gone on long enough.

I disagree with your implied assertion that because "[UltraDNS]
contributes to NANOG so much" that they deserve a bye. Scummy
business practices are scummy business practices. Period. Full-stop.
Just because they contribute to an organization doesn't mean that the
organization should feel obligated to keep quiet about their
misdeeds.  It may very well be a "rogue" within their organization
causing the problem, but if they're that involved in NANOG then
someone is probably being crucified as we speak, and maybe they'll
chime in with their side of the story about how they've corrected the
problem. If they haven't, then, frankly, this less-than-flattering
portrayal of UltraDNS is not entirely undeserved.

Cheers,

Derek J. Balling
Manager of Systems Administration
Vassar College