BGP analyzing tool

Kanagaraj Krishna kanagaraj at aims.com.my
Wed Nov 22 02:56:42 UTC 2006

Using cli like "sh ip bgp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"[Cisco] or "sh route protocol bgp xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx detail" [Juniper] would be able to show me details for specific destinations. What i need is a software to get all the data from a routers routing table, analyze the best path and summarize the reason why its being chosen based on the BGP algorithm (local pref, no. of hops, MED, etc). That would show the big picture of why a certain upstream is more prefered than the other. Thanks.

Regards,
Kana