IP adresss management verification

Chris L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Nov 14 18:03:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Nov 2006, Warren Kumari wrote:
> On Nov 13, 2006, at 9:20 AM, chuck goolsbee wrote:
> >
> > It pisses me off to no end when a sales guy comes to me with a
> > request from a customer for a /20 for a half-rack of web servers.
> > The justification ALWAYS comes down to this inane "search engine
> > optimization" pipe dream. =\

oh, you mean the 'i wanna spam the world and get a /20 of YOUR ip space
blacklisted' excuse? This falls in with the 'voip provider' excuse... VoIP
really? wow, you do LOTS of VoIP to china/korea/japan, all over TCP, all
to random high ports, all that has the 'odd' content of:

"CONNECT mail.blah.com:25"

intersting.. i didn't know that g711 encoding would look so much like
proxy spamming?