IP adresss management verification

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Nov 13 17:29:43 UTC 2006

From: chuck goolsbee

> ** I assume it is myth, but I've never heard anyone from Google make
> any statements that definitively debunks it. Debunking this pervasive
> among webmasters and "SEO Experts" myth sure would be a very UN-evil
> thing to do if true (Hint hint you Google-folk!)

Actually they did, once, in an obscure place:

http://interviews.slashdot.org/interviews/02/07/03/1352239.shtml

Whenever I refer customers to that, they just tell me oh,
that's from 2002, my SEO person knows that Google penalizes
for sharing IP's now.

I guess Google needs a time stamped banner on their site
that says "As of <time>, we do not penalize for sharing IP's."
so SEO 'experts' can't argue it.

David