IP adresss management verification

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Mon Nov 13 16:41:40 UTC 2006

From: Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com

> SSL is a technical justification for separate IP
> addresses for web hosts. Virtual servers is another
> technical justification for assigning multiple IP
> addresses to a single physical server.

What I meant was we require a technical justification to
give a dedicated IP to a customer but many hosts do not,
or they use it as a revenue add by charging for having
a dedicated IP when there's no technical reason for it.
Previously, or maybe still, there was no mandate that web
hosts only assign dedicated IP's when it can be justified.

David