IP adresss management verification

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Mon Nov 13 15:21:25 UTC 2006

>    I'm curious on how regional RIR which allocates ip address, verifies
the
> usage pattern info provided by their members in their application
process.

It's quite simple, really.

They ask for it.

If the iformation that you provided with your application
does not answer their questions, they ask you for more
information. I assume that all the RIRs will sign an
NDA with you, certainly ARIN does this. ARIN may also
ask for corporate confidential information in order to
verify your application so they have strict internal
security policies to keep it confidential.

Some people send detailed network diagrams, purchase
orders for routers/switches/circuits, sales history
data with projected trends, customer lists, etc.

If you need specific details, just ask your RIR.

--Michael Dillon