VOIP issues/Cisco TAC offline?

Cat Okita cat at reptiles.org
Sun Nov 12 08:33:20 UTC 2006

I've been getting either voicemail or nothing via the network down option
for Cisco TAC from about 01:45EST Nov 12th onwards (it's about 03:30 now);
taking the 'existing service order' option ends up in a fast busy after
putting in the number.

Calling the US 408-* or the EMEA numbers directly has the same result.

I seem to recall that Cisco's gone pure VOIP, and I'm wondering if that
might be the source of the issue - and if that's the case, if anybody
would care to comment/speculate about ways to avoid this type of issue
in other deployments.

cheers!