link between Sprint and Level3 Networks is down in Chicago

Olsen, Jason jolsen at devry.com
Fri Nov 10 14:57:21 UTC 2006

Charlie said:
> I would be interested in comparing notes with anybody else
> affected by the issue - or if anybody has heard an actual
> explanation from Sprint/L3.

Things started to clear up for us at around 1443 Central, so it wasn't
too long after I posted my original inquiry to the list.  By 1500
Central it seemed to be fully functional.  Over at
http://www.internetpulse.net our experience seemed to be reflected in
that the Network Availability metric for the Sprint/L3 intersection
started creeping back up from 80%.

This morning at 0830 I got a phone call from the BSAC folks at Sprint,
who said it was exclusively a routing issue within L3.  When I pressed
for details all I got was the same answer. Make of that what you will.

-JFO