link between Sprint and Level3 Networks is down in Chicago

Deepak Jain deepak at ai.net
Thu Nov 9 23:41:19 UTC 2006

Chris L. Morrow wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2006, Randy Bush wrote:
>
>>> Whatever happened to redundancy?
>> lost in the transition from reality to fantasy and conjecture?  it's the
>> sharp curves.
>
> also perhaps in other regions of their network they have connectivity, so
> it was expected to fail out of region properly?

I think that is what I meant. If there is no other connect anywhere, I
understand it being dead (though, except for accounting, I don't
understand why there is only one). If its not failing over to use one of
the other connects, methinks some clever noc fellows could make that
work temporarily whilest the troublesome routers are addressed betwixt them.

Everyone has been using such clever figurative speech I decided to get a
little flowery too.

Deepak