Verizon PSTN issues?

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Nov 7 00:37:50 UTC 2006

I'll try not to be as vague as the last person...

We are in Verizon (former GTE) territory in Santa Barbara, CA, LATA 740.

For much of the day we have had complaints of reorder from dialup users
as well as reports of reorder from people trying to call us from out of
the area.  I saw a note on another forum that claimed that Verizon was
having "nationwide issues" but gave no other detail.

Verizon rep hasn't returned voicemail, l-o-n-g hold time on repair, gave up.

Can anyone shed any light?

Jay Hennigan - CCIE #7880 - Network Administration - jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323 - WB6RDV