Black Frog - the botnets keep coming

Alexei Roudnev alex at relcom.net
Tue May 30 16:44:49 UTC 2006

I did not mean _dont fight them_. I mean _fight and learn to live with
them_. They did existed and will exist; and it is better,
if they exist in some numbers (they play a role of predators in wildlife,
eating weakerst -:) - of course, it looks strange and I do not like them,
too).

Netwok must be designed to survive few DDOS attacks easily, by
auto-isolating and auto-limiting such traffic. Else,
you will have a serious problems if real traffic became congested (for
example, everyone rush to download fee iPOD songs).

Script-kiddies... what's about them, they existed in 199x-th as well and
they will exist in 201x. Just as mountain lionss do exists in Bay Area (and
sometimes can eat your favorite cat...)