ISP compliance < LEAs - tech and logistics

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Wed May 24 18:55:33 UTC 2006

Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> On May 24, 2006, at 9:44 AM, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
>

>> I see a list of documents. I see no sign that these documents are
>> standards, nor that they are actually *implemented*. I know for a fact
>> that the service provider I work for has not implemented this on the
>> IP side.

French and german ISPs keep complaining about what it has cost them and
they keep informing us (customers) that it is on us to pay the bill.

I remember one german ISP who was helpful enough to mention the cost
for spying in his bill. It was a mistake and the money was refunded ...

Whenever mailservers are down here in germany somebody mentions the
delay is because all email is routed via the german gouvernement again :)

> Now, now, Steinar, we all know that cannot be true.  Case and point,
> everyone has implemented RFC 3514, just because it has been published
> as a standard.
>
> ;-)
>
> Best regards,
> Christian

I just tested my NAT-router and made shure it is RFC 3514 compliant.
Yes the NASTY bit is set :)

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--