ISP compliance < LEAs - tech and logistics [was: snfc21 sniffer docs]

Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com Michael.Dillon at btradianz.com
Wed May 24 08:58:46 UTC 2006

> >The NANOG meeting archives are full of presentations as the result
> >of very sophisticated network monitoring.  Like most technology,
> >it can be used for good and evil.  You can't tell the motivation
> >just from the technology.

OK, so he says in a roundabout way that you are
already paying for some sophisticated network monitoring
and it probably won't cost you much to just give
some data to the "authorities".

> Sean, please drop this subject. You have no experience here and it's
> annoying that you keep making authoritative claims like you have some
> operational experience in this area. If you do, please do elaborate
> and correct me. From what I understand from the folks at SBC, you
> did not run harassing call, annoyance call, and LAES services. I would
> appreciate a correction.

Huh!?!?!?
Are you saying that people should buzz off from
the NANOG list if they change jobs and their latest
position isn't operational enough? Are you saying that
people should not be on the NANOG list unless they
have TELEPHONY operational experience?

What is the world coming to!?

--Michael Dillon