RFC: public efforts in the botnets realm

Gadi Evron ge at linuxbox.org
Mon May 22 07:11:36 UTC 2006

Hi, this is an FYI. A discussion will now commense on the DA list to try
and measure if public efforts are indeed a good idea, and how much good
vs. bad they cause in the fight against botnets, distributed denial of
service attacks, Internet survivability and online crime, as it can
indeed be measured.

I would also like the community's opinion on the subject at hand, so that
we can relay it and make a more client-oriented decision (take the needs
of the community into consideration as well).

Thanks,

	Gadi.