[Way OT] Re: Geo location to IP mapping

Martin Hannigan hannigan at renesys.com
Wed May 17 21:28:55 UTC 2006

At 03:58 PM 5/17/2006, Scott Weeks wrote:

[ SNIP ]

>That's not the address space I manage.  It's just my ISP.
> From www.hostip.info I get " ... actually we haven't a
>clue."  The IP space I manage is a /15 and is in ARIN, so
>it's hard to miss...
>
>scott

It's not really fair to baseline the credibility of
any geo location discussion based on hostip.info.

There are much better commercial services like Quovus,
MaxMind, and Akamai.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574
                                                hannigan at renesys.com