Troubles with HE's Tunnelbroker

Mike Leber mleber at he.net
Wed May 17 20:20:06 UTC 2006

Should be fixed now.  The tunnelbroker service uses a bunch of retired
7206 routers.  One of the routers ate its config.  Because of the number
of tunnels it uses compressed configurations, which can get corrupted if a
router runs out of memory (from leaks and memory fragmentation).

Tunnel broker issues should be directed to support at he.net.  Though it is a
free service with "beta" level support, we are a 24 x 7 operation so last
night an engineer was busy recovering the specific router from a back up.

Mike.

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Greg Taylor wrote:

> Hurricane Electric's Tunnelbroker, to my knowledge, is operated by one of
> their Administrators.. on his personal time.   Last I knew, they didn't
> really have a support staff so to speak... you might want to talk to mike in
> the NOC at Hurricane Electric.   Also, tunnels do not effect network
> operations of any kind and are pseudo networks, please keep discussions
> on-topic.  Thanks.

| Mike Leber           Direct Internet Connections   Voice 510 580 4100 |
| Hurricane Electric     Web Hosting  Colocation       Fax 510 580 4151 |
| mleber at he.net                                       http://www.he.net |