Geo location to IP mapping

sgorman1 at gmu.edu sgorman1 at gmu.edu
Tue May 16 14:38:35 UTC 2006

Well I must admit that zip code was best case under ideal conditions ;-)  There are always plenty of exceptions that put sand in the gears.  Putting on my conservative hat the approach is more granular than guessing the right country as was being discussed before.  My intention was only to infer there is more than one way to approach the problem and an approach that can avoid some of the DHCP issues seen in the datbase approaches.  This was work from 6 years ago so a bit fuzzy on the particulars at this point.

best,

sean