MEDIA: ICANN rejects .xxx domain

Greg Taylor greg at xwb.com
Fri May 12 15:49:31 UTC 2006

Aside from all of the technical aspects that would make having a .xxx tld
difficult at best,
you have to take into account the moral aspects.  If all of the "adult"
sites were to switch to the .xxx format,
it would make it extremely easy (as if it isn't right now) for minors to
locate and access websites that they shouldn't
be allowed to view.  Instead of having to google for "porn", all they'd have
to do is type: favoritepornhere.xxx and
shabaaam! there they go.  Just my 2 cents.

Gregory Taylor
greg at xwb.com