Strange network problem accessing Ebay and versiontracker websites

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Wed May 3 21:38:25 UTC 2006

Sounds a whole bunch like you have a PMTUD (Path MTU Discovery) issue.

Change the MTU on a host to be smaller and see if this fixes the
issue... If it does, there are a bunch of networking tricks you can
play to fix it for all of the customers. MSS rewrite is one,
clearing the DF BIt on all packets is another -- these are various
version of icky...

--
"He who laughs last, thinks slowest."
     -- Anonymous