Backbone Monitoring Tools

Ray Burkholder ray at oneunified.net
Wed Mar 29 00:47:13 UTC 2006

A few more comments.

I found a link to snmp management for ospf in an archive message:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk869/tk769/technologies_white_paper09186a00
801177ff.shtml.  That may yield you the info you need for monitoring links
and/or routes.

>From my other message, if you collect 1) and 3) with cricket, you can
extract RTR and bandwidth data with perl from cricket's config file.  I took
a bit of code reverse engineering, but I managed to get some mod_perl code
going to do such a thing, so it can be done.  If you pull out the
appropriate interface stats, you'd be able to generate your grid for 1) and
3).