Backbone Monitoring Tools

Ashe Canvar acanvar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 23:13:23 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I want a simple backbone monitor for my 5 datacenters. My "backbone"
consists of  redundant IPSEC/GRE tunnnels.

At the very least I want to ping, traceroute and transfer a small file
every few minutes over all IPSEC links. I am sure there are products
that do this already, but I am having a hard time finding any.

The display format should be noc-friendly. A basic grid with green/red
status indicators at the least. Geographical maps a plus.

Do most of you use a home grown tool for this monitoring and alerting ?

Regards,
Ashe