Security control in DSL access network

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Tue Mar 28 10:57:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am connected to this monster. I guesstimate it serves some 80,000
customers:

Access-Concentrator: DARX41-erx
AC-Ethernet-Address: 00:04:0e:6d:8a:42

link capacity       kBit/s 8512 1048
ATM-Datarate        kBit/s 1184  160
usable-Datarate     kBit/s 1073  145
interleaved
Latenz              ms       16   16
Frame Coding Rate   kBit/s   32   32
FEC Coding Rate     kBit/s  128   32
Trellis Coding Rate kBit/s  360   60

  1  gw1.selm-media.de (192.168.55.1)  3.226 ms   3.539 ms   3.529 ms
  2  DARX41-erx (217.0.116.49)  45.533 ms   48.356 ms   49.283 ms
  3  p54A7E732.dip.t-dialin.net (84.167.231.50)(N!)  101.063 ms (N!)  106.199 ms (N!)  111.359 ms

  1  krzach.peter-dambier.de (192.168.48.2)  0.735 ms   1.176 ms   1.285 ms
  2  DARX41-erx (217.0.116.49)  55.232 ms   62.911 ms   79.945 ms
  3  p54A7BED2.dip0.t-ipconnect.de (84.167.190.210)(N!)  116.538 ms (N!)  124.900 ms (N!)  133.240 ms

The two sites are some 50 kilometers separate and are served by different
ISPs (t-online.de, 1und1.de). The ip-address range is always 84.167.xxx.xxx
but it depends on the ISP.

The DARX41-erx (217.0.116.49) belongs to dtag.de Deutsche Telekom AG.
Some 8 of these boxes, Juniper erx, serve practily most of germany.

I cannot tell you wether this is a DSLAM or a BRX but I guess it is both
in a single one box.

Cheers
Peter and Karin

--