TLD strings currently in use

John L Crain crain at icann.org
Tue Mar 21 17:47:32 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I hope you consider this operational and on Topic:)

We have been receiving some reports of rejection of TLD strings at the
ISP level. Some of this may be due to length limitations set in peoples
software, there may also be other causes.

We want to make sure that there is a place where people can go and pick
up a current list of the strings that are in the root zone. (Without
having to parse the zone file itself). To this end the IANA is
maintaining a list that can be downloaded from the following information
page

http://icann.org/topics/TLD-acceptance/

If you have questions please feel free to use the e-mail listed on the
above URL.

John Crain
CTO ICANN