Wiltel has gone pink.

william(at)elan.net william at elan.net
Wed Mar 15 06:18:13 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Frank Bulk wrote:

> This discussion is now drifting back to the one we had several weeks ago
> about properly and adequately staffing the abuse desk (email, phone, and
> otherwise) in spite of the temptation to take advantage of the
> 'efficiencies' of scale.  It's beyond me how an abuse@ can afford to drop
> emails via their spam filter, unless the required spamminess value is set
> *very* high.  Again, auto-responding to spam email can just perpetuate the
> spam, though it is effective for those legitimate senders whose email was
> marked up as spam.
>
> Anyone want to start a pool to guess when Level3 will update the Wiltel
> contact records with the correct Level3 information? =)

One can make a guess that maybe somebody is waiting for whois data to be
to be merged in ARIN db after which all blocks would show up proper ORG
abuse and tech contacts automaticly...

But that does not excuse the fact that old abuse address is not being
taken care of when its no more complex to setup email forwarding from
abuse at wiltel.com to abuse at level3.com then it is to setup redirect
from www.wiltel.com to www.level3.com

---
William Leibzon