Italy orders ISPs to block sites

Mehmet Akcin mehmet at nic.pr
Tue Mar 7 13:53:40 UTC 2006

Well, I can't blame Italy for trying to enforce their laws, but maybe
can give them a better idea.

Maybe instead of all those ACLs, other type of Blocks, DNS
removals,etc.. Governments should more go to the direction of making
agreement on the credit card companies which automatically will charge a
tax when somebody is using those websites.

I am sure almost all the transactions are thru debit account transfers
or credit cards such as VISA, MC, or AMEX and it's not hard to find out
the bank accounts of the companies which are doing gambling. So instead
of trying to block something that the real mean is the FREEDOM (we call
it Internet) go and push the banks to enforce the laws.

Mehmet Akcin