Italy orders ISPs to block sites

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Tue Mar 7 17:19:32 UTC 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Neil J. McRae wrote:

> Switzerland has made similar requests and ISPs in .CH have
> deployed acl to block the sites and remove them from DNS.

So long as there no criminal penalties associated with the half-assed
solutions I suppose it doesn't really matter. Gov'ts will see that their
requests are pointless and ineffective. It's in cases like the State-of-PA
law where criminal penalties were applicable that things get dicey.

(and yes, CP is bad news, and yes gov'ts no matter the locality can and do
make silly laws that are sometimes counter productive to their intentions)