Welcome back, Ma Bell

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Mar 6 16:26:55 UTC 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006, Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> That being said, the 'new ATT' with all those assets will need to be
> integrated, and work efficiently.  Turf battles will ensue.  Tens of

Integration, going on past experience, is highly unlikely.  The last time
I had any interaction with Worldcom regarding circuit/provisioning issues,
there was little, if any integration of legacy engineering/provisioning
data/OSSen.  In other words, "Oh, that's an MFS circuit ID, I'll need to
get onto another system to get the details on it."  Same thing with
different incarnations of Bell of Pennsylv^H^H^H^H^HBell
Atl^H^H^H^HVerizon.  It's the same phenomenon of having 37 different
numbers to call to get anything done at $RBOC, none of which are connected
to each other.  If their phone tree is that disorganized, I have little
reason to suspect the underlying support systems are any different, nor
will they be under the SB^H^H^HNew AT&T.

jms