A shim6 summary paper [Re: shim6 @ NANOG (forwarded note from John Payne)]

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Thu Mar 2 07:43:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Lucy E. Lynch wrote:
>> point us to the documents which describe how to deploy it in
>> the two most common situation operators see
>>  o a large multi-homed enterprise customer
>>  o a small to medium multi-homed tier-n isp
>
> never under-estimate the range and productivity of Pekka!
>
> http://www.netlab.hut.fi/opetus/s38030/k05/Multihoming.pdf

Ouch.  I didn't expect that.  In case you're interested in a summary
paper on shim6, take a look at a newer version (at publication
accepted):

    http://staff.csc.fi/psavola/shim6.pdf

It isn't as good as I'd have hoped, and describes a moving target, but
it should give a hopefully short and relatively concise summary.

Unfortunately, it _doesn't_ describe how to solve the problems that
Randy was referring to... :-)