FYI - China To Launch Alternate Country Code Domains

Joe Shen joe_hznm at yahoo.com.sg
Wed Mar 1 04:54:42 UTC 2006

I've read the public announcement of Chinese Ministry
of Information Industry. It just state that: there
will be another sub-domain mil.cn created besides
another six english lettter sub domain in .cn

And, it also states: three Chinese Character TLD is
establish which is "China"/"Cooperation"/"Network".

In fact, these top level chinese character TLD exist
for years; and these TLD is supported by
public-root.com for years.

Could this be "NEWs"?

>From viewpoint of computer science, domain name is
just a database structure which is used to represent
IP address. So, it should NOT be limited to 7-bit code
and should allow 8-bit code scheme. Considering
robustness of Internet, a distributed service system
is surely better than a central one.

Joe

http://blog.easydns.org/archives/60-China-Top-Level-Domain-news-possibly-not-news..html