IP failover/migration question.

Gregory Hicks ghicks at cadence.com
Tue Jun 27 17:32:11 UTC 2006

> From: Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
> Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:20:38 -0400
>
> On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:51:30 BST, Andy Davidson said:
> > Popular web browsers running on popular desktop operating systems
> > also display extra-long dns cache time 'bugs'.
>
> A well known fact, which leads right into your next comment...
>
> > 24 hours + outage whilst stale dns disappears will never do in
> > internet retail.
>
> And yet, with 90% of the net implementing the "will never do" scenario,
> we manage to get a lot of internet retail done anyhow.  I'm obviously going
> to need a *lot* more caffeine to sort through that conundrum....

OR, it *could* be that the retailers know about the way 'things'
operate and don't make many changes once they get their site up...

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin