"Virtual routers" from Cisco

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Mon Jun 26 21:12:51 UTC 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, MARLON BORBA wrote:

> A friend of mine told me about a new "breed" of routers from Cisco
> which have two "virtual machines" over the same physical hardware --
> sort of a VMWare or Xen host with guests.
>
> Does someone know about that, or had a practical experience with that
> new Cisco product?

I'm pretty sure this functionality is now in the current IOS XR releases
for the CRS platform.  I think there was talk about eventually porting
some of the IOS XR features to the 12000 series, but I don't know what
work has actually been done there, or if that included the routing context
capabilities.

jms