Multihomed to 2 ISPs - Load Balance?

Christopher L. Morrow christopher.morrow at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jun 26 02:54:14 UTC 2006

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Daniel Roesen wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 02:06:03AM +0000, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
> > There is a flag on one vendor I believe to force it to send 'all paths',
>
> How so? BGP as protocol doesn't allow that, unless you use e.g. route

Hrm, so I could be speaking out of turn :( I was going to find some config
that did this, then decided to not :( Looking around I don't see it handy
:( and I was probably smoking something good when I remembered this the
first time around :(

> distinguisher to... distinguish them. But them we're firmly into the
> "special hacks" realm. :-)

apparenlty only legally available in AMS :(

> > Perhaps someone who's used that feature could speak up?
>
> I'd be interested in the technical implementation as well...

sorry for the false hope :( I suppose if I'd thought through the problem:

1) all inbound ebgp/ibgp routes to local-rib's
2) decision process in BGP RIB (best path selection)
3) outbound bgp policy application/sending
4) FIB population

it would have aviled my faux-pas :( Sorry about that.