key change for TCP-MD5

Bora Akyol bora at broadcom.com
Tue Jun 20 19:12:31 UTC 2006

The draft allows you to have a set of keys in your keychain and
the implementation tries all of them before declaring the segment
as invalid.

No time synchronization required. No BGP message required.

The added cost for CPU-bound systems is that they have to try
(potentially) multiple keys before getting the **right** key
but in real life this can be easily mitigated by having a rating
system on the key based on the frequency of success.

Regards

Bora